- we want to live by each others happiness not by each others misery.
- this world has room for everyone, the good earth is rich.
- we have lost the way. greed has poisoned our soles.
- we have developed speed but we have shut ourselves in, machinery that give abundance has left us in want, our knowledge has made us cynical, our cleverness hard and unkind , we think too much and feel too little.
- more than machinery we need humanity, more than cleverness we need kindness and gentleness, without these qualities life will be violent and all will be lost
- The airplane and the radio has brought us closer together, the very nature of these inventions cries out for the goodness in men, cries out for universal brotherhood and the unity of us all
- to those who can hear me i say: do not despair, the misery that is now upon us is with the passing of greed, the bitterness of men who fear the way of human progress .
- the hate of men will pass and dictators die, and the power they took from the people will return to the people, and so long as men die, liberty will not perish
- you are not machines, you are not cattle, you are MEN, you have the love of humanity in your hearts, you don't hate, only the unloved hates; the unloved and the unnatural
- Soldiers, don't fight for slavery, fight for liberty
- in the seventeenth chapter of saint Luke it it stated:
"The kingdom of God is within man"
Not one man, nor a group of men, but in all men; in you, the people.
- You the people have the power, the power to create machines, the power to create happiness. You the people have the power to make life free and beautiful, to make this life a wonderful adventure.
- Then in the name of democracy let's use that power, let us all unite. Let us fight for a new world, a decent world that will give men a chance to work, that will give you the future and old age and security.
- By the promise of these things, brutes have risen to power, but they lie. They do not fulfill their promise, they never will.
- Dictators free themselves but they enslave the people.
- Now let us fight to fulfill that promise. Let us fight to free the world, to do away with national barriers, do away with greed, with hate and intolerance.
- Let us fight for a world of reason, a world where science and progress will lead to all men's happiness.
Soldiers! In the name of democracy, let us all unite!
- Look up! The clouds are lifting, the sun is breaking through. We are coming out of the darkness into the light. We are coming into a new world. A kind new world where men will rise above their hate and brutality.
- The soul of man has been given wings, and at last he is beginning to fly. He is flying into the rainbow, into the light of hope, into the future.